Don’t Sleep: Get To Know Harlem Producer Rob Lo
- Can you tell us who you are and where you from ? My name is Roberto but I usually go by Berto or Rob. Im a 23 year old producer from the Westside of Harlem who was born and raised in Dyckman.
2. What songs/projects/artists have you produced for ?
Just recently my production made it on UFO Fevs Abduction mixtape. The song titled Paranoia features Racks and has a sound heavily influenced from the earlier days of rap. I’ve also had the opportunity to produce 3 of 5 songs off of Mynameisdrew’s EP titled Hellomynameisdrehw. This mixtape is definitely one you can play from start to finish with zero disappointment. This past week A$AP 12vy gave a solid 16 on Qgotthejuice track titled “Straight to it” produced by me which will be released in a few weeks.
3. What got you into producing ?
I was raised around music my whole life. My father would have me tag along with him to music sessions which is the root of my music influence. He released a song in 1988 titled Olah olah ft D’von that had a few radio spins. Although it wasn’t big on the charts it gave me the inspiration I have today.
4. What Producers/Sound inspired or continues to inspire you?
My favorite producers are Ryan Leslie, AraabMusik, Swizz Beats and Kirk Knight. My production sound varies off of emotion but my go to sounds are live instruments with hard hitting snares and and kicks. Dbuck$ “Cold Hearted” is a perfect example of that.
5. Do you have anything that you are working on that’s releasing in the future ?
I plan dropping a compilation tape In April that will be executively produced by me.
6. If you can cook up with any artist who would it be ?
If I can cook up with any artist it will have to be Vado, Kodak Black, Young Dolph and Key Glock.